RTI- Act 2005
OFFICE OF THE PRINCIPAL CONTROLLER OF DEFENCE
ACCOUNTS BORDER ROADS, DELHI CANTT-10THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2005
- What does Right to Information mean?
includes the right to:-
- Inspect works, documents, records.
- Take notes, extracts of certified copies of documents or records.
- Take certified samples of material.
- Obtain information in form of printouts, diskettes, floppies, tapes,
videocassettes or in any other electronic mode or thorough printouts.
- What does Information
Information means any material
in any form including records, documents memo, e-mails, opinions, advices, press
releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples,
models, data material held in any electronic form and information relating to
any private body which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law
for the time being in force.
- What is the Application Procedure for requesting for
The application can be
made to the Central Public Information Officer(CPIO) in writing on plain paper
or through electronic means in Hindi or English specifying the particulars of
the information sought for along with a fee of rupees ten by way of cash against
proper receipt or demand draft or bankers cheque payable to PCDA(Border Roads)
at NEW DELHI. An applicant, making request for information is not required to
give any reason for requesting the information or other personal details except
those may be necessary for contacting him.
- What is the fee?
- An application fee of rupees ten for obtaining information under sub-section
(I) of section 6;
- Fee shall be charged for providing information under sub-section (I) of
Section 7 as under;
- Rupees two for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
- Actual charge of cost price of a copy in larger size paper;
- Actual cost or price for samples or models; and
- For inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee of rupees
five for each subsequent hour (or fraction thereof);
- Fee shall be charged for providing information under sub-section (5) of
Section 7 as under;
- Rupees fifty per diskette or floppy for information provided in diskette or
- Price fixed for publication or Rupees two per page of photocopy for
information provided in the printed form.
- No fee will be charged from people living below the poverty line; and
- Applicant would be provided information free of cost if the CPIO fails to
comply with the prescribed time limit.
- What is the time limit to get the
- 30 days from the date of application.
- 48 hours for information concerning the life and liberty of a Person.
- Failure to provide information within the specified period is a deemed
refusal. Section 4(b)(xvi) of the RTI Act, 05
- Particulars of Central Public Information
here for CPIO.
Section 4(b)(xvii) of the RTI Act, 05
- Particulars of Appellate Authority Shri
R.K Nayak, IDAS
Principal Controller of Defence Accounts
of the PCDA(Border Roads)
Seema Sadak Bhawan, Naraina
Cantt.– 110 010
Telephone:- 011-25690977 Section 4(b)(i)(ii)(iii) of the RTI
- Organization and Structure
The Principal Controller of Defence Accounts
(Border Roads) functions as the Chief Authority in all matters affecting
internal audit, payment, accounting & financial advice matters in respect of
expenditure pertaining to the Border Roads Organizations. The office of the
Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Border Roads) is the Headquarter
office of CDA (BR) Guwahati, JCDA (BR) Chandigarh, and all AO (Projects)/ AO
Task Forces and PAO GREF Pune. The PCDA helms the organization with the
assistance of one Addl. CDA/JCDA, two Dy.CDAs/ACDAs, 5 SAOs/AOs in Main Office
and 16 IDAS of the level of JTS/STS & 48 SAOs/AOs in Accounts
offices(Projects) and Task Forces.
Mission -to strive to
achieve excellence and professionalism in accounting, audit and financial
Objectives - To ensure that (i) the activities of
the Defence Accounts Department are organized to meet the accounting, internal
audit, payment and financial advice needs of the Border Roads Organisation
consistent with the policy of the Government; (ii) adequate and up-to-date
procedures obtained for efficient discharge of the functions of the Department
in the fields of Accounts, Payments,Internal Audit and Financial Advice and
(iii) proper planning is made in respect of personnel and facilities required
for the efficient functioning of the organisation in tune with modern management
concepts. The norms have been set by it for discharging of its functions in such
a manner that the mission and objectives may be achieved in professional
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure proper administration and efficient working of the Organization.
- To issue necessary instructions to CDA(BR) Guwahati, JCDA(BR) Chandigarh,
PAO GREF Pune and AO(P)/AO(TFs), in matters relating to maintenance of accounts,
internal audit , Payment and Financial Advice.
- to assist the Government of India with advice, whenever solicited, on all
questions of audit and accounts procedure relating to BRO expenditure.
- to exercise overall control, supervision, coordination in respect of
functioning of all accounts officers. The objective of IFA system in Accounts
offices is to provide independent financial inputs to be competent authority for
exercise of delegated financial powers and to expedite decision-making and
thereby providing greater satisfaction to the user units.
- to maintain uptodate and relevant information relating to personnel
management, assesses the requirements of officers and establishment for the
organization and posts them to the various offices according to their
- the budget of PCDA(BR) is catered for in the MORT & H budget through
HQDGBR & BRDB.
- to prepare review of Balances of Border Roads organization and send them to
the Director General of Audit, Defence Services.
- to prepare certain statements in connection with the Appropriation Accounts
as prescribed in Defence Audit Code and submitting them to the CGDA, New Delhi
& also render annually an Audit certificate to the CGDA.
- to function as Principal Accounting Officer for the Civil Estimates of the
Ministry of Defence and to prepare the Appropriation Accounts of the above
- to prepare the statement of central transactions in respect of Civil
Estimates and forward it to the Controller General of Defence Accounts.
The general duties of the
officers of the Defence Accounts Department are laid down in Appendix-A of
Office Manual Part-I. The administrative and financial powers being exercised by
the officers in the office of the PCDA (BR) New Delhi are derived from
Government Regulations, Office Manuals and orders issued thereon from time to
ORGANISATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE PCDA BORDER ROADS
*MAIN OFFICE AT