The cash assignment cases are received as
Per BE during the beginning of the financial year and as per RE at the close of
the financial year. Budget Section notes down the allotments given by the HQ
DGBR to the Projects and also the Task force wise distribution of funds made by
the Projects. The following points are examined while releasing the cash
- That the Cash Assignment demand is based on the actual allotments
available with the Project/Task Force.
- The demands received on quarterly basis are examined and after
performing prescribed deductions as per HQ DGBR office vide letter No.
22641/CA/GEN/2008-09/DGBR/10/E5B dated 01.08.2008 the balance allotment
available for release of cash assignment is worked out.
- The additional demand for cash assignment without budgetary
provisions for payment of GPF, encashment of EL, pensionery benefit etc. is
considered as per demand for cash assignment submitted by the Project/Task
- The demand for cash assignment in respect of Task Force/Formation
should invariably be sanctioned (not Recommended) by the Chief Engineer Project
as per Para 97 of OM Part XIII. On the same lines the demand for cash assignment
in respect of the Chief Engineer (Project) should be sanctioned by the HQ DGBR.
- Only actual allotments available with the Project/Task Force/Formation are taken into account while preparing the CA demand. Demand of CA
prepared on the basis of Projected BE/RE cannot be acted upon. Demands on the
basis Projected BE/RE result into avoidable delay.
- Task Force wise distribution of allotment made by Projects should
invariably be attached with the demand.
- The details of outsourced works/execution contract/LA/FA payments
should be attached with the demand as no deduction towards adjusted expenditure
shall be made on this.
- Cash assignment for payments to attached personnel at HQCE
(Project) should be catered for by HQ CE (Project). However, in case of PNR Coy
Personnel, expenditure is debitable to Task Forces and hence, a reduction will
have to be reflected in the cash assignment demand of the Task Forces.
- The amount of Deposit for Agency/Deposit Works shown in the demand
should match the amount of deposit shown in the monthly report submitted by AO
- The demands for cash assignment w.r.t. actual allotment and other
necessary requirements as elaborated above are vetted by the AO (Project)/Task