FUNCTIONS OF PCDA (Border Roads):
PCDA (Border Roads) is responsible to provide audit, payment, accounting
& financial advice cover to GREF Units/Formations including HQDGBR . These
functions are discharged through two zonal offices viz. CDA(BR) Guwahati
& Jt. CDA(BR) Chandigarh under whose jurisdiction 17 Accounts
Offices(Projects), 33 Task Forces and 2 Store Division
offices are located. The Pay and Allowances of GREF officers and subordinates
are dealt with by PAO(GREF) Pune. In case of HQDGBR , audit, payment,
accounting & financial advice functions are discharged by the Main Office
of PCDA (Border Roads) Delhi Cantt.
The functions discharged by Main Office of PCDA (Border Roads) are briefly as
- Administration of 59 Sub-Offices located in the entire length and breadth of
the country including abroad i.e Bhutan.
- Audit and Payment of supplier's bills on account of supply of stores/
equipment/Plants and Machinery in respect of supply orders placed by HQ
- Audit and Payment of personal claims i.e. TA/DA/LTC, Medical, ration money
etc in respect of GREF officers and subordinates of HQ DGBR.
- Accounting of all financial transactions relating BRO.
- Internal Audit of HQ DGBR.
- Monitoring of progress of expenditure against allotments.
- Rendition of Appropriation Accounts and Review of Balances of BRO.
- Super Review of GREF Units/Formations and Inspection of Accounts
- Rendition of financial advice to GREF Units/Formations.
- Rendition of Audit reports in respect of loss statements, compensation
- Release of cash assignment to CEs(P) & Commander Task